Tarr X Bradshaw (The Guardian)

“It was simple. I had a feeling. We had made everything we wanted. The work is done and you can take it or leave it. It is not my business any more. I wanted to be a producer, working with the new Hungarian cinema. We had a production office and you wouldn’t believe my desk. A minimum of 10 different projects on it! I loved to work with those people. But then we got this government, this shit, this rightwing shit. They said very clearly we have to apply for the new conditions and we have to fulfil expectations, and by the end I said: ‘Fuck! Better if I hand over all ideas and projects and scripts and I leave the country because I have a feeling it’s hopeless.”

‘My slogan is very simple: no education, just liberation!’ – Béla Tarr on how film can fight the political right in Hungary (interview by Peter Bradshaw in The Guardian, 19 July 2024)



  • Family Nest
  • The Outsider
  • Almanac of Fall
  • Damnation
  • Satantango
  • The Man From London
  • The Turin Horse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog