10 min of Life at the time
10 Minutes of Your Life. Art in motion.
All videos here are 10 minutes or longer. Your choice to watch the whole thing or just part of it. Although you might miss something or NOT. Most of the videos are filmed from a tripod. Videos are in real time. Audios are in real time. All natural sounds. No artificial sounds added. It's like you're sitting on the bench outside, smoking weed, enjoying nature. Most of the videos are unedited from beginning to end.I'll try to avoid people on all videos. You might hear people yucking on the phone in the background.Read the movie title before watching it. If you watch it and don't like it, don't get mad. It says in the title exactly what you're going to see. Read the description too.I might put up a video you might remember for the rest of your life, or NOT.P.S. Please STOP downloading my videos and reupload it with time lapse, please use your own.
Stationary point of view. 10 minutes of uncut reality unfolding in real time. Patient attention to mundane details of our daily environment. Anybody can be James Benning. ;)
There are people who think that watching paint dry (or a lake) is boring. And artists who are able to extract a slice of life from reality and exhibit it as an aesthetic statement (not to mention the scientific/behaviourist documentation).
I don't know if the owner of this channel does this ironically or believes in Art... but if it was the early 70ies, these videos could easily be major pieces in the conceptual videoart movement (today it's all a bit déjà-vu unfortunately). The subjects elected aren't totally random or tongue-in-cheek (like the paint drying, the clock or the dripping faucet)... most of them contain a specific interest and a conceptual value to contemplate that scene for a duration.
Forget about what you SEE, and take this moment to reflect upon the weight of Time.
Selected playlist from the YouTube channel 10minutesofyourlife :
- Watching the sun disappears into the horizon (15 Jul 2010) [watch also Reygadas' Stellet Licht's opening shot]
- Watching Water from a Marshland ; a Bridge ; a Salt Pond ; a Bridge from afar ; the Sun shining into the Bay (15 Jul - 2 Sept 2010) [watch also James Benning's 13 Lakes]
- Watching Sunlight Breaking Thru the Clouds ; Clouds Moving (6 - 14 Sept 2010) [watch also James Benning's Ten Skies]
- Watching a Little Island with Ducks Swimming and Geese ; Seagulls Doing a FlyBy on the Ocean (15 Jul - 2 Sept 2010) [watch also Kiarostami's Five]
- Watching the Moon passing a street light ; the Moon on a Cloudy Night (26 Jul - 3 Oct 2010)
- Watching a Shadow from the Tree Leaves (26 Jul 2010)
- Watching a Superman Alarm Clock (26 Jul 2010)
- Watching Water Dripping From a Faucet (26 Jul 2010)
- Watching Ice Cream Fudge Bar Slowly Melting part 1 - 2 ; Another one (28 Jul - 2 Sept 2010)
- Watching a Small Ant Trail ; Ants eating a Donut (29 Jul 2010) [see also the last shot of Kiarostami's 10 on Ten]
- Watching chicken wings getting deep-fried (31 Jul 2010)
- Watching a Sunny Side Up Egg in the Sun part 1 - 2 (6 Sept 2010) [see also Kiarostami's Lumière and Company short] ; a Soda Spill Evaporate in the Sun (1st Sept 2010)
- Watching 2 Goldfish eating and fighting (6 Aug 2010) [see also Tsai Ming-liang's films]
- Watching Milk Leaking from a Baby Bottle (10 Aug 2010)
- Watching a Washing Machine Wash Dirty Towels (14 Aug 2010) [see also Geyrhalter's Our Daily Bread]
- Watching 5 Birthday Candles Melting on a Chocolate Cake (18 Aug 2010)
- Watching Ice Melting With Something Inside part 1 - 2 (21 Aug 2010)
- Watching a Door Open and Close By Itself (23 Aug 2010) [see also Michael Snow's Solar Breath]
- Watching an Excavator Digging and Loading Dirt into a Dump Truck (27 Aug 2010) [see also Rudin's This Longing last sequence]
- Watching a Bunch of Birds Eating Lunch and Almost Got.... (27 Aug 2010)
- Watching Ricky and Lucy Guarding the Eggs (14 Sept 2010)
- Watching a Hibiscus Flower Open Wider in Real Time ; a Dandelion and Grass (10 - 27 Sept 2010) [see also Jean-Daniel Pollet's Jour Après Jour]
- Watching Cows Eating Dinner (14 Sept 2010) [see also Geyrhalter's Our Daily Bread]
- Watching Phone Books Pages Blown by the Wind (21 Sept 2010)
* * *
- Stasis films 1 (conceptual) - 2 (landscape) - 3 (behaviourist)