TSAI Ming-Liang - Slow (2017) visual essay

Tsai Ming-liang - Slow from KINO (6 March 2017) 4' on Vimeo.

What Power art thou who from below
Hast made me rise unwillingly and slow
From beds of everlasting snow?
See'st thou not how stiff and wondrous old,
Far unfit to bear the bitter cold,
I can scarcely move or draw my breath?
Let me, let me freeze again to death

-

A video essay about the search of slowness in the cinema of Tsai Ming-liang.

Films used:

  • Vive l'Amour (Ai qing wan sui, 1994)
  • The River (He liu, 1997)
  • The Hole (Dong, 1998)
  • Goodbye, Dragon Inn (Bu san, 2003)
  • The Wayward Cloud (Tian bian yi duo yun, 2005)
  • Walker (2012)
  • Stray Dogs (Jiao you, 2013)
  • Journey to the West (Xi you, 2014)

For educational purposes only. I don't own the copyright of the films used.



See also at Unspoken Cinema :


Comments