By Michael J. Anderson (Sunday, 27 June 2010):
Receiving its New York premiere this past weekend in conjunction with the just-completed 2010 Robert Flaherty Seminar, Argentine filmmaker Lisandro Alonso's La libertad (2001), the 1975-born director's first feature, provided a fit course for international modernist art cinema in the years immediately following the Abbas Kiarostami-dominated 1990s.
La Libertad :
- World première (Cannes - Un Certain Regard) = May 2001
- World commercial première (Argentina) = 28 June 2001
- American première (NYFF) = 1 Oct 2001
- French nationwide public distribution = 31 Oct 2001
- American limited public distribution = 26 June 2010